The ABC's of Broadcasting:
Appraisal, Brokerage, Consulting
Edward W. Roehling
President and Broker
8563 East Wilderness Trail
Unionville, Indiana 47468
© 2005-2014, RBS, Ltd.
All rights reserved.
About RBS, Ltd.
Edward W. Roehling is President and Licensed Broker of Roehling Broadcast Services, Ltd. Ed is well-known throughout the Midwest in the broadcast industry.
He earned the Bachelor of Science degree in Radio/TV at Butler University in 1963, followed by the Bachelor of Science degree in Earth-Space Sciences and Business Administration in 1981 at the University of Indianapolis. He also holds a 1980 Master of Arts degree in Executive Development, Political Science and Public Administration from Ball State University.
Mr. Roehling was formerly Vice President of Development and Board Member of Hoosier Broadcasting, Inc.
Ed has an extensive history in broadcasting across the Midwest. Here are a few highlights of an impressive and lengthy career in the broadcasting business:
• General Manager, WICR-FM, Indianapolis, Indiana. WICR is the campus radio station of the University of Indianapolis, where Ed simultaneously served as Assistant Professor of Communication.
• Vice President, COMPIRO, Inc. and Associate Director of the Indiana Broadcasters Association.
• President, Metro Broadcasters, Inc.
• President, General Manager, Sales Manager, WRCR, Rush County Broadcasting Co., Inc.
• President, Bartholomew County Broadcasting Co., Inc., WWWY, Columbus, Indiana.
• General Manager, WLKM, Three Rivers/Kalamazoo, Michigan.
• Station Manager and Sales Manager, KAUS AM & FM, Rochester, Minnesota.
• Vice President and General Manager, Sales Manager, WIUC, Winchester, Indiana.
• Account Executive, Station Manager, Sales Manager, WSVL AM & FM, Shelbyville/Rushville, Indiana.
• Past Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Systems Committee, Indiana Higher Education Telecommunication System (IHETS).
• Past Vice President FM and Educational Representative, Indiana Broadcasters Association.
• Promotional Announcer for WTHR-TV, Channel 13, Indianapolis, Indiana.
• Member, National Association of Broadcasters.
Ed has been recognized statewide for his distinguished service, including the Lifetime Achievement Award presented by the Mayor of Indianapolis in 2002, the "Citizen of the Year" award by the Rush County Chamber of Commerce, the Gabriel Award presented by the National Council of Catholic Communications, the "School Bell Award" presented by the Indiana State Teachers Association, and "Outstanding College Radio News Broadcast" in the state of Indiana, presented by the Society of Professional Journalists.
In addition to his professional skills as a broker, Ed's barrel-throated voice is recognized throughout the state. If you live anywhere in central Indiana and ever listened to a radio station, you may have heard him many times and didn't even know it! Talk about your classic "radio voice!"
He is an active member of the community as well. He is currently a member of the Fine Arts Society of Indianapolis. He is Past President of the Rush County Chamber of Commerce, Past President of the Rushville Rotary Club, Past District Chairman of the Tanaka District of the Boy Scouts of America, and past Board Member of the Greenwood Rotary Club.
Ed's spouse, Sandra, is actively involved in the company as Secretary/Treasurer and is responsible for all accounting aspects of the business.